Factory Radio Problem

New subscriber, first time poster.

94 Park Avenue with the radio controls on the steering wheel. Controls on the wheel and the dash unit lock up and the volume goes up and down. Can't change volume, station or turn it off.

Then...It cures itself for a few days. Then it starts again.

Dealer wants $350 to tell me how much more it will cost to repair.

I thought maybe it was on a circuit breaker that was opening and closing but it is on fuses. Fuses 9c and 8d are labeled radio and are both good.

Sure would appreciate some clues or directions on this.

Reply to
Andy Asberry