1996 dodge gc van

i have a 96 gc and today we were driving the van around just fine and drove home and turned it off. well went back out and it will not do anything just a clicking sound and no turning of the motor at all. checked
the codes and all i get is a 12 and a 55. the 12 is disconnect battery but it's all connected and all the lights and everything comes on. is this a bad battery? i will go out and check the voltage here in a min. on the battery.
thanks thehawk93
check the battery and it is at 12.4 volts. checked all fuses under the hood and all is good. well next would be the starter i guess. if anyone has any ideas let me know. by the way it is the 3.3L.
thanks thehawk93
ok this is what i have found out. it's the starter i gave the starter a couple of light taps and the motor started right up. so it starts now but for how long. i have to start saving money for a new starter.
thanks thehawk93

Yesterday.
--
Coasty

Remove the SPOOGE to reply
I have a similar problem with a 98 gc van. I turn the key and nothing happens. The lights, radio, horn and all other electrical equipment work. I cleaned the battery terminals thinking that was the problem but I still get it although it now will catch on the second or third try. I was wondering if it was the starter. I had taken the car to a local dealer but aside from charging me $90 for a analysis he could find nothing wrong. Does anyone know if the strarter has a separate solenoid?
thehawk93 wrote:

The starter is attached to the solenoid and the solenoid is attached to the starter, so either way you look at it you have to remove the starter. I have always found it better insurance to replace them both because they are of the same age--J
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Try this.. if it has a Nippondenso starter.
http://www.autosupply.ws/contacts.htm