2000 plymouth Neon frontend noise.

there is a grinding noise coming from my frontend when I drive. It sounds like a car accelerating hard in first gear but that sounds never changes when the gears change. The tranny seems fine; It shifts with no problem. Repairs done so far: I changed the left cv-joint, left spindle and brakes all around. still the noise is there. On jack stands there is no noise, only when the suspension is loaded. I bought the car with a nice solid hit on the left fender, I am wondering if the subframe is bent or damage and could be the cause of the noise.

I know I did not my statement is not really in the form of a question, But it is clear I need help and ideas would be helpful

p.s. I also read in the haynes manual about cambering on these cars; what does that have to do with the drivablity on these cars

Reply to
pchotspot

Spindle meaning wheel bearing also??? And without hearing the noise....it would be hard to say what it is.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

noise....it

without hearing the noise is hard to say, I would pay attention to the wheel bearing on the right side

Reply to
maxpower

i wanted to change just the bearing but I changed the spindle and bearing also. I did not do anything to the right side. one thing I also noticed............. when I turn, the car seem to drop into the turn. like if something is loose and settles after the wheel is turned. Another thing..............on making a hard right turn the noise goes away and comes back when the steering wheel is straight. So if I was to turn the wheel hard right and drive in a circle there would not be any noise but the noise comes back when the wheel is straightened. thank you maxpower for your input. I hope this info give you some more thoughts

maxpower wrote:

Reply to
pchotspot