ABS BRAKE QUESTION

I have an 03 grand caravan with ABS and am going to change the front pads. On the old van I just used a c almp and compressed the caliper cylinder all
the way back prior to installing the new pads. Are there any issues with doing the same procedure to a van with ABS. I thought that I had heard somewhere that this may damage the ABS operation and just wanted to get some input here.
Thanks Bill

all
some
Depress the piston, install pads and happy motoring.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech