Caravan 98 It has spark, It has fuel, will not start Codes said, PCM Internal fault, Replaced it,, will not start

Grand Caravan SE will not start. Changed PCM, because it gave a code 53. Was driving along and all of a sudden, blank. Dead. Lights on dash odometer went out at that moment when it quit.
Turned key, tried to start, no lights on dash. Turned key off and back on again, lights came on on dash. But will not start.
Starter cranking fine. Has Fuel, Has spark, will not start. Anyone have any ideas?
--- ---
Grand Caravan SE will not start. Changed PCM, because it gave a code 53. Book says, PCM internal fault. Was driving along and all of a sudden, blank. Dead. Quit... Lights on dash odometer went out at that very moment when it quit. Turned key, then back on, tried to start, no lights on dash. Turned key off and back on again, lights came on on dash. But would not start.
Starter cranking fine. Has Fuel, Has spark, will not start. Anyone have any ideas? NO, timing belt has been replace did that too. Have cleaned all the pins on the pcm module, repluged. When I hooked it back up, codes gone. turn key gives disconnect code and end code just fine... on both PCMs - Still will not start. So I have two PCM modules, and the same problem...
camshaft sensor has been replaced. Still will not start. Has Fuel, Has Spark. ?????
--- ---
On 5/11/2016 12:50 PM, tesla sTinker wrote:

What are the compression readings?
On 5/11/2016 10:01 AM, Ken Olson wrote:

On 5/15/2016 3:45 AM, tesla sTinker wrote:

I agree that it should at least fire. At this point I would have to see if the spark timing is correct. Also, a bad ground can cause all kinds of weird behavior.

The bottom enfd of most Mitsu engines are pretty bulletproof - but their valve train and head design leaves a fair bit to be desired (assuming this is a 3.0 liter caravan).
Are your injectors pulsing? (easy enoug to check). Do you have correct fuel pressure (again easy enough to confirm)
Not rocket science.
What codes (if any) did the computer give before you started sacrewing around with it?
On 5/15/2016 12:12 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

On 5/15/2016 10:42 AM, Ken Olson wrote:

ken, can it be the instrument cluster on the dash, becoming unpluged? Like, my neon did this to me, all the stuff went dead, the speedometer and gauges and all i did was replug it up, and it fixed its never ending glitches that it had of before.... Could it be, that the caravan is in a same state, dying, with bad type plug in on that cluster of circuit boards in the dash, for the thing has had mice go up inside it? Oh well, let u know what happens....
For I dont like the pile of non crashed caravans that are in the junk yards. That is like a bad omen....
On 5/21/2016 8:05 PM, tesla sTinker wrote:

On 6/6/2016 2:42 PM, tesla sTinker wrote:

I don't have personal experience with it, but what you said sounds very plausible.

Check for bad/incomplete ground between engine block and battery negative. (simple check use one half a set of jump cables between the neg term and the engine block.)
An aside: check for very low (milivolts) between battery negative and the metal on the radiator. If present it likely has zero to do with the starting problem but could be indicative of a failing radiator.

Site Timeline