"Dodge Nitro explodes on automotive scene"

Dodge Nitro explodes on automotive scene Squeeze a Liberty, get a Nitro. Getting the most out of a given basic design is one of the worst-kept secrets in the vehicle industry.
Almost everybody does it and there's no shame in it. at http://www.washtimes.com/autoweekend/20070215-085038-3659r.htm

It's ironic that the 2008 Liberty will be somewhat based on the 07 Dodge Nitro.The Liberty will maintain it's off road Jeep legacy though. A while ago I questioned Dodge as to the road clearance for the Nitro, and found it wasn't listed. It actually took their help desk almost a week to get back to me with the numbers, so I doubt they will be actively marketing the Nitro for off road use. Personally, I'll be waiting for the new Liberty.
As a point of interest, the Nitro is built at the Liberty plant in Toledo, Ohio.. http://www.allpar.com/trucks/jeep/liberty-2008.html