Engine and transmission swap

I have a 2002 Dodge Intrepid with the 2.7 liter engine. I've had engine problems with the oil and coolant light coming on. I have been contemplating replacing the entire running gear. I'd like to replace
everything with the Porsche 3.0 and 5 speed tranny. I know i would have to replace alot. But I owe $9000 on my loan and don't mind the car both inside and out. So, if someone would tell me if this is completely stupid or what other options are available.
I live in Idaho and I will be moving to Florida this summer. I know damn well that this P.O.S. won't make it there. I am looking to get a truck this summer but wanted to know if there are other things i can do??
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

How many miles are on it? A 2002 shouldn't need a new engine or have oil and coolant problems except for maybe needing a water pump. Did you properly maintain this car, frequent oil and occasional coolant changes?

Likely used the "extended oil drain" option and coked it up.