engine doesnt turn over - headlights work, turn signals dont

ok, i have a 97-98 dodge stratus, and this evening upon taking my leave from work I go to start my car to leave, and at first the key would turn in the ignition, but the engine would not turn... i kept
trying and eventually the engine turned and revved up for half a second only to shut off again, this time taking out my cd player, heater, turn signals and windshield wipers..
basically all i have left is my headlights, dashboard and interior lights..
some people are thinking it was a starter problem, or perhaps the ignition switch...
anybody have any ideas? anything is helpful - gary
okay - ignition switch was changed and that wasnt the problem. battery has been ruled out... and its stumped 4 garages and now were consulting the dodge dealer...
"xekushion" wrote: > ok, i have a 97-98 dodge stratus, and this evening upon taking > my leave from work I go to start my car to leave, and at first > the key would turn in the ignition, but the engine would not > turn... i kept trying and eventually the engine turned and > revved up for half a second only to shut off again, this time > taking out my cd player, heater, turn signals and windshield > wipers.. > > basically all i have left is my headlights, dashboard and > interior lights.. > > some people are thinking it was a starter problem, or perhaps > the ignition switch... > > anybody have any ideas? anything is helpful > - gary
xekushion wrote:

started the engine the other ground connections could not handle the current and got fried.
Gyz