Neon

I have a 2001 Dodge Neon and I had SEVERAL problems with it since I bought it, I had to fix my transmission 3 times and other issues. They would not
give me a new car at the time and I was tired of fighting with Chrysler. Now my check engine light is coming on and I haven't took it to get a diagnosis yet because I had an accident and waiting for my car to be repaired.
My question is that when I push my foot on the gas, my car stalls and then pick up speed and the check engine light will blink on and off and then remain on. Every time I get to a red light and it's time to go, it keeps stalling, can I get an idea as to what are my possibilities?
fuel delivery issue or vacuum leak somewhere, i would think. the symptoms sound similar to what the older cars do when there is a fuel or vacuum problem. should probably look into the timing, check the air intake for blockage (a 2003 protege5's air filter has to be absolutely perfectly clean, or it lags a teensie on acceleration and the 'check engine' light blinks *OR it has to have an expensive, more free-flowing filter*) and possibly the exhaust for blockage.
just some thoughts, considering it has been crashed and all.

Sounds like you've found yourself a "factory lemon". I think that some cars are better than others based on production date, day of the week, etc. I highly doubt any car company just shuts down the line if there's something a bit out of whack, hence recalls. You probably just have one of those cars from a bad day. It happens.

If the check engine lite is flashing, that's a cylinder misfire, and if you keep driving it, it will tear up the catalytic converter, you don't state what mileage this vehicle has but I would guess over 30k. Chances are a good set of mopar wires and plugs will cure your problem. Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech