Re: a clock spring comment from maxpower

You noted recently that clocksprings had a lifetime warrenty from chrysler. Does this mean that any Chrysler, of any model or vintage can have
this spring replaced free? More specifically, my sister-in-law has a '97 ( I think ) Plymouth mini-van with a bad horn - will her horn spring be replaced under a lifetime warrenty?

If the vehicle has/had a recall on a clockspring it would be a lifetime warranty. Just because the horn is not working does not mean the clockspring is bad. Normally the air bag lite will turn on if this is the problem. My suggestion would be to have your sister in-law contact the dealer with her Vin# to see if there are any outstanding recalls that have not been done. or she can take it to the dealer and have them check it out
Glenn