? Small Puddles of antifreeze under the the motor on the driveway

I own 88 Dodge Charger, automatic trans, 4 cyl. Over the past week I have noticed wet spots in the driveway, today I checked it out and it appears to be antifreeze. It seems to be under the motor area that it is
leaking.... I believe that it might be a blown head gasket...but I don't know much about this car and appreciate another oppinion before messing w/ it......also is it safe to drive the car? thanks
small puddles of antifreeze eh.. could be a leak somewhere on the rad, one of the hoses, the lil gasket around the thermostat.. it's not going to be heater core leaking if the puddles are under the engine. ;)
so that leaves a couple-three options.
drive the car untill it warms up, park it in the driveway, then lay down in front of the vehicle and watch for the location the drips come from.
or you can take the thing in to get pressure tested/flushed/new hoses/clamps/rad/blah blah..
or you can go over the engine with paper towel and dap for wet spots.
sitting in front of the car is simply the easiest way; i've done it. =) then i was like "oh! it's coming from right at the front of the engine on the right side, that means either the lil gasket, or the connection for the heater core hose, or where upper rad hose splits off." turned out to be the lil gasket was leaking at the bottom, then running down some other tube, then off to the right, and then finally onto the ground. it was really hard to see from the top 'cause it ran down the back of all those other hoses.
as far as head gasket goes; is there oil in the rad, or antifreeze in the engine oil? these are the two first signs.
gl

always look to the front first and the top.....fluid run down and back when they leak out
in otherwords check things in front of the vehicle and top of the engine before going lower. if you find nothing, check the freeze plugs.....

Thanks I'll try that
"bristolTN" wrote: > Thanks I'll try that
Those things were infamous for leaking at
1- the heater control valves (near the firewall and connected to heater hoses) 2- The water pump seal (leaks out the little drain hole onthe water pump) 3- Internal and exteranl head gasket leaks into the timing belt area, between 1&2 cylinder at the front and near the thermostat
The other advice about locating the leak is best followed.
BTW if it turns out to be the head gasket and your willing to cheat a little you can do it for $30-50 in parts and an hour or two. I did one once in 22 minutes with power tools