What is the maunfacture date of this Mitsubishi engine?

I have a 1991 Dodge Spirit, says " Chrysler 3 Litres " on intake manifold. On the back of the manifold there is a sticker that says:
Build
7 Date 77.7
What does this label mean? Thanks

in
I know, but what does this label suggest...that the engine was built in july of 1977 ??

those vehicles I knew how to read that but everything has changed and I haven't had to use that date code in years. I forget how to interpret that. The first seven should mean 1987. the 77.1 had something to do with day/week or the hour built starting with 0 and going to 8736 hr of the end of the year. I'm not sure, don't quote me on this.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Bob, Why does the build date matter? Is it cold in "Toon Town" and nothing better to do?
-