What is the maunfacture date of this Mitsubishi engine?

Build 7 Date 77.7

What does this label mean? Thanks

Reply to
RZ

Engine build date... as stated earlier in the Chrysler group you posted this in

Reply to
maxpower

No it was not built in 1977. Back when we were doing warranty engine work on those vehicles I knew how to read that but everything has changed and I haven't had to use that date code in years. I forget how to interpret that. The first seven should mean 1987. the 77.1 had something to do with day/week or the hour built starting with 0 and going to 8736 hr of the end of the year. I'm not sure, don't quote me on this.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Bob, Why does the build date matter? Is it cold in "Toon Town" and nothing better to do?

Reply to
hartless