'01 3500 w/ 360

hey all, its been quite a few years! my issue is with a recently acquired '01 3500 with a 360 gas engine. the power is dismal as is the mileage. while the 3.54 gears certainly dont help anything, it should be able
to maintain 70 mph on the highway without disengaging overdrive. im fairly certain my catelytic converters are clogged.
i intend to remove them both and straight pipe it, but the trouble im running into is the emissions tubing that comes from both cats and runs up into the engine compartment. if i cut and plug that tube, what troubles can i expect and if any, what work-around is there?
thanks,
Nathan W. Collier
Add pictures here
✖

I THINK you can do that, they are air injection tubes that are supposed to add air at the cat to further combustion. Can you trace them back to their source?
--
I'm never going to grow up.

Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 8, 9:45 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I'm assuming you have the HD emission package due to the 3500 chassis. You have a belt driven air pump that pumps fresh air into the cats for emission control. If you take the cats off, you can just leave the lines up the the pump open. If you cap them off, you'll probably get some really strange noises from the pump.
Denny
Add pictures here
✖
On 10/11/2011 7:49 AM, Denny wrote:

Good point!
--
I'm never going to grow up.

Add pictures here
✖
thanks all for the many responses. i cut the cats off only to find they had already been gutted and were completely open. after checking everything i can think of i took the truck to my local dodge dealer. they went through it and told me its normal. normal for a dually to not be able to run 65 on the highway without turning off overdrive? did i mention the dually is completely unloaded?
...im going to believe this must be a gearing issue. why in the world would dodge put 3.54 gears on a dually that is designed supposedly to haul heavy? it looks like ill regear to 4.10. thanks again all.
Add pictures here
✖