1999 Ram 1500...lots of problems!!

Page 3 of 4

Pretty good, but it was 1947 when the aliens crashed at Roswell. C'mon - get yer facts straight! :)
And, there's nothing in Area 51. It's just a coordinate on a U.S. Geological Survey map.
Larry Behold Beware Believe

Yep, nothing there:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=area+51&ie=UTF8&z &ll7.245635,-115.811348&spn=0.033001,0.086002&t=k&om=1

No Tom, it wuz 1951... you just don't understand the physics of it....
sheesh
;^)
Mike

OOOhhhh.... must be a metric calendar

Too bad DC is a German auto company.

Dodge/Jeep dealer and bought a Nissan Quest. I point blank told the salesman that I didn't want a caravan regardless of price. I honestly believe that the Japanese have tighter tolerences when it comes to manufacturing aluminum block engines and transmissions.
Now you may call that perception but I call it experience. She got 190K of trouble free miles from her last Quest and I have a 6th transmission in in my Dodge truck. My next truck will probably be a Toyota.
Dodge trucks did not winn a single race in the CTS last year and Toyota dominated. Toyota joins the Cup series this year and I'm betting that they will win races this year. That my friend is perception being made.
beekeep

That is BS and you know it! Pray tell what does any race car and production car have in common other than the name?

not a damn thing. if it wasn't for the stickers you wouldn't even be able to tell it was an intrepid.
--
----------------------------
-Chris

Not a damn thing and yet, Greg is 100% correct.

I guess comparing a race car to a street car to substantiate a point makes sense to you. One has absolutley nothing to do with the other except perhaps finance.

That is because you are not looking at the big picture. We are talking about perception here, not the vehicles. While it is true that these race trucks have damn little in common with there street versions, not everybody makes that distinction. Young people who may be buying these vehicles down the road are more likely to go with the winners they see on TV (perception of toughness and coolness) and right now, that happens to be Toyota. Even I see it as factory commitment and technology and if Dodge cannot win a single race, that really doesn't say much for DC's commitment or technology.

Young people aren't really all that interested in performance imo. It is all about flash and a large exhaust.

Well, I have to tell ya I'm pretty damned inpressed with the Charger SRT I bought. The 6.1 hemi dosen't seem to lack for a thing. the same can be said for the rest of the car as well.
How many dodge teams are there?

beekeep

plain and simple. And if they are willing to put that much money into R&D for a race car then what are they willing to spend on R&D for their everyday ride? Back that up with GM droping it's goodwrench sponsership making them look like the're going belly up.
beekeep

Well it looks like we are about to find out now aren't we?
Roy

Mike Simmons wrote:

Mike you are right about the American quality coming up in recent years. But people buying cars and trucks still remember the junk that was put out especially by GM in the 80's and early 90's. Also in my opinion a lot of why current buyers are staying away from American brands are the way they were treated at the dealerships when they did take their new vehicle in for service. Now I'm not knocking you or your dealership. I've never been to your dealership nor have I met you. But I know from my own experience with my 01 Ram and my 00 Silverado as well as my past Fords and other GM vehicles that I got sick and tired of hearing "Well they all do that." Or "The computer did not give us a code so there is nothing wrong with your truck." I never, not once, had a Dodge, Chevrolet, or Ford dealer take the time to diagnose a problem with one of my vehicles if their computer didn't spit the answer right out into their faces. My 01 Ram had a problem pulling to the right as well as a shaking that I could feel in the seat at highway speeds only when the truck was being driven on concrete roads. Now I know there's not a computer code for this but I got sick and tired of 3 different Dodge dealerships , all 5 star, telling me that all Rams do this. The same with my 00 Silverado. This truck was a lot worse and I only kept it a year because of the bad shaking. Then when the trans light kept coming on intermittenly I was told by GM that it was normal. Bull crap. What I'm saying is that this in my opinion is a huge reason why people won't buy American anymore. I had a 97 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 that I bought new. It had a 5 speed manual and 2 months after I bought it the trans started making a high pitched whining noise. One day I took the truck to the dealer to have the oil changed. (I live in an apt. and they won't let us work on our vehicles) I mentioned the trans whine to the service writer. 10 minutes later I was put in a rental car paid for by Toyota. I had that rental car for 2 months while the dealership ordered a brand new trans from Japan and installed it in my truck. Service writer said the mechanic thought a bearing was bad but that Toyota authorized a whole new transmission. My final cost $0. And never not once did I have a hassle from Toyota. Hell they initiated the fix. All I mentioned was the tranny whine. This is the type of stuff that I and other buyers remember. A car company that actually makes their customer happy and does not give them a hassle or an excuse. American car and truck manufacturers have come a long way in the past few years in quality of their products. However until they improve their after the sale customer service they will continue to lose market share to the Japanese or Korean car and truck manufacturers.
Bob

Along with things like how many years Dodge produced an engine that sucked up plemum gaskets and doing nothing about it while being well aware of the problem. If you knowingly sell a flawed product it will eventually bite you in the ass. That is what the American auto makers are up against now.
beekeep

Greg:
All manufacturers have certain prob's that are unique to their products..... ask around about Toyota engine sludge prob's whydon'tcha? Even holier than thou Toyota ain't perfect.
As far as NASCAR, I would remind you that DC quit supporting the NCTS last year and has been concentrating on the Nextel Cup. Toyota will do well simply because they are pouring the bucks into the program. Throw enough money at anything and you can do most anything.
Mike

There were 14 Dodges racing the cup last year and only one made the top ten, 4 total in top 20. So much for cup commitment.
Toyota will do well due to the COT running some of the races which puts them on even ground with the other manufacturers.
And then there's the United Auto Workers Union ....................
beekeep