lots of problems

My sister has a 91 pontiac grand prix that is being a pos. she says that it smells funny(maybe like starting fluid) she cant go fast than

40 or 50(her speedometer is off i think), it doesnt have any power and she has checked all of the fluids and the air filter and everything is fine. I am just wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what some of the possible problems are. Thank you so much!
Reply to
blondy

Loss of power and funny smell comes from faulty catalytic convertor. Either failing or clogged. there-by causing restriction in exhaust system. She needs to have the o-2 sensors graphed on a scanner to see if they have a mirror image. If so the cat is no good.

Reply to
themechanic

"themechanic" wrote: > Loss of power and funny smell comes from faulty catalytic > convertor. Either > failing or clogged. there-by causing restriction in exhaust > system. She > needs to have the o-2 sensors graphed on a scanner to see if > they have a > mirror image. If so the cat is no good.

Thanks I?ll tell her to take it somewhere and get it checked. Much appreciated for your help. Amy

Reply to
blondy