1999 Ram 2500 Left front door

Howdy all, I am starting to notice rust on the very bottom of the door. First it was on the inside I sanded loose stuff off then applied two coats of POR 15. That camoflaged it for awhile but now it is visable on the outside of the door. Now this is the only door this is happening to all other doors are fine. I spoke with a coworker who had a 2005 Ram 2500 and his did the same thing so what seems to give here they are not even close in age. Might I be missing weep holes at the bottom of this door? Otherwise truck is in great shape for it's age and has only 33k on the clock. It is also the Turbo diesel. Thanks Bill

Reply to
wingridernow

The first signs of corrosion showed up on my '99 in the grill support area under the hood. You might want to look there before it's too late. My doors have no rust.

Reply to
Nosey

Some years ago there was a recall because of door rusting on Dodge trucks, and Chrysler replaced or repaired the doors for free. Don't recall what years were affected however.

Reply to
PeterD

On.

Check the weep holes. Pour in a couple bottles of 90% alcohol to check weep hole action. This will also absorb mositure on its way out the weep holes.

Another possible solution. Move to a dry climate. Like Las Vegas. Only

4" of rain.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ