92 Dodge RAM 250 fusable link blows

I have a 92 RAM 250 Diesel. This morning it died after running about 15 minutes. It would not crank but everything else worked. I towed it back home and did a little poking around. All the fuses are OK. The
alarm system is OK. (Although it does trip after a while, but I can reset it.)
I then unplugged the starter solenoid plug and shorted it. The starter works. Then I went looking for fusable links. I found one open. It is orange and is 1 of 5 that comes out of a large wire that directly hooks to the battery. The link that is burned hooks to a wire that also has a white fusable link hooked to the same place.
I stripped back the insulation on the burned link and twisted the ends together. As soon as I turned the ignition switch to the 'on' position the link burned open very quickly.
I do not have the shop manual or a wiring diagram and Google didn't help with the diagram for my truck. I'm way out in the sticks so it will take several days to order one. In the mean time, before I start opening wire bundles and tracing the wire, hopefully, some one here can help me. Since there is a fusable link, I'm assuming that this is most likely a documented problem.
Thanks in advance, Lee
On my 89 that happened when the hot wire going to the fuel cutout solenoid shorted after the insulation rubbed through due to vibrating against a bracket. JMTCW

Joseph Myers wrote:

Joseph,
Your 2 cents worth sent me looking at exposed wires touching things again. This time up close with 100 watts of light. There it was, EXACTLY as you said. Fixed the wire, replaced the link, and cranked her up. Thanks, you saved me hours of troubleshooting and then re-bundling wires.
Thanks again for the timely reply.
Regards, Lee