Fusable link ?

I never had a truck with 0 electrics, no dash nothing ? The battery and wires are there, nothing stolen.

Wife drove it yesterday and parked it. I go out and even the door lock does not open from the remote key.

Too late to fool with it now ....anyone know about this ?

Reply to
Red Jacket

Its *not the fusable link, nothing looks burned out....no burned wires......

Somehow the battery died right out ovenight so bad not even the dash light goes on ? I never heard of this.

Reply to
Red Jacket

======= =======

=========== ===========

~~RANDOM THOUGHTS~~

Which fusable link is it not?? there's more than one you know.

and.....yes, i have heard of a battery that's died right out overnight so bad the dash lights won't go on.

You must be pretty young to have NEVER heard of this happening. . . . .

~~Questions for the OP~~

Would you like to try and diagnose it?

Do you have access to a reliable multimeter?

Do you know how to use a multimeter?

Are you willing to invest the possibly 4-6 hours of non-stop, tedious, intricate, electrical diagnostic steps that may require the removal of the ignition switch, or dash assembly, or wiring harness, ...... well....you get the picture....are you??

Do you ever lie to Technicians in order to take short-cuts, save money, save personal aggrevation, or jest to see how good they reeeellly are? do you?...huh?...ever?....be honest, don't lie... we'll know if you lie, so's better not lie.... we won't hate you fer an honest answer... but we will likely flame you for a lie!!!

What diagnostic steps have you taken so far, and what were the results? Please be concise, short, and to the point. no dribble please.....it aggrevates me. (you have done some...diagnosis other than to jest take a look at the first fuseable link you saw.....didn't you....huh...didn't you.. remember the lie part?)

~~RANDOM THOUGHTS~~

this customer is going to lie on at least one of the above questions.......or....ignore his own thread alltogeather.....or....start a flame war with a very short patiented, over 30 year, scarred knuckled, frustrated.....tech.

~end random thoughts~

~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a toke, a sip of his shroom juice, chase's it with his crown'coke....and awaits the challenge of the next job~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

My experience was coming out of the grocery store, to an 01 Sonoma, went to start and NADA nuttin no click, no lights. WTF! Opened the hood checked the battery terminals and when I touched the POS terminal it literally fell out of the battery, and the acid in that cell started leaking out all over the place. The lug in the POS terminal of the battery had broken loose. This was an OEM battery approximately 2 years old. Had to walk across the street and buy a new battery to get home. Years ago I saw a GM TSB on the thread of the POS battery cable bolt being too long, bottoming and causing damage to batteries. That was in the 80's I guess it take GM a while to correct things.

Reply to
Dan Calhoun

You actually think GM is Going To FIX a GOLD MINE.. They gotta Keep those Battery Sales UP

Reply to
somebody

Lets see, Delco makes Delco batteries, and less than 5% of owners will buy a battery from the dealership, opting instead for aftermarket. So how is it a gold mine for them?

Most of the problems I have seen with side post batteries are due to lack of maintenance. worst bs ever came out is "maintenance free" battery.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

======== ======== Walmart sells Delco batteries..... that's one way.

google is yer friend ~:~ MarshMonster ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster