Diesel Dakota

Yes, that rumor has arisen again.
According to recent rumor, Diesel Power Magazine has the inside scoop on a diesel powered Dakota/Durango for '07 or '08.
Cummins, 3.9L, V6, somewhere around 450 ft/lbs, mid20's mpg.
I've also heard of a light duty F150 offering from Ford.
Anybody read that magazine? Any insight? Can't seem to find a copy of it around here.
--
.boB
2006 FXDI hot rod
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 17:24:23 -0700, .boB wrote:

Here ya go:
http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/dodge/0612dp_new_cummins_v6_and_v8 /

the real question is what will the V8 tow in the RAM 1500 configuration
wayne
Tom_Freeman wrote:

Thanx. That's exactly what I was looking for.
Looks promising. They should be hitting the market just about the time my Dakota is wearing out.
--
.boB
2006 FXDI hot rod
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:27:32 -0700, .boB wrote:

I'd give my left <put indispensible body part here> for a half ton pickup with a 4 cylinder Cummins (like the 4BT)......
Tom_Freeman wrote:

I agree. I think that's the only thing that will bring me back to the dealership for a new truck. I was just looking at the new Dakotas - just for fun. Nice truck, but doesn't make me want to spend $35K. I can rebuild my current truck for a lot less money, and I like it more than the new ones. Now, a medium to light duty turbo diesel would really change my mind. I would have to go and take a serious look at one of those.
DC? Are you listening?
--
.boB
2006 FXDI hot rod
.boB wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@goaway.net says...

A diesel Dakota has been on my Christmas list for years. Here is the link to the Autoweek article about the future diesel 1/2 ton offerings: http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061011/FREE/61009011/1024 /