Rumor: Nissan & Renault May Buy 10-20% of G.M.

From tv news: reportedly in the Detroit Daily News etal.

These are not for ye Nissaners under 60 or over 80

  1. So the Impala (do they still make 'em?) can now have that great two-tone horn
  2. In Spanish, Chevy Nova probably still means something unprintable in a family n.g.
  3. Hey, wouldn't you really wanna have a Dauphine-Buick?
  4. The Malcolm Balderidge award is hereby presented to France for efficiency in a hard-to-understand language.
6.--1. And how do they say "lemon" in Japanese?
Reply to
Robert Cohen

Robert Cohen

Nova mean the same thing in Spanish as it does in English. For some reason people keep trying to say it means something rude, or stupid, or inappropriate, but that is not true.

Ed

Robert Cohen wrote:

Reply to
Ed White

Nova mean the same thing in Spanish as it does in English. For some reason people keep trying to say it means something rude, or stupid, or inappropriate, but that is not true.

Ed

Robert Cohen wrote:

Reply to
Ed White

I now realize you're correct; but why spoil a good word-play or pun?

Yeah, " no va" is not same as "nova," but it's a wonderful pun for a car.

In looking-the-thing-up on the internet, here's some further advertising satire/word-fun:

Ed White wrote:

Reply to
Robert Cohen

in spanish it means "it does not go"

Which is ok because Lacrosse (as in the buick) is slang for m*********on in quebec.

Reply to
Paradox

No, this is some sort of silly untrue internet factoid. It does not mean that at all. It means exactly the same thing as it does in English. Look it up, instead of repeating some BS crap you read somewhere on the internet. See

.

Apparently this particular internet factoid is actually true, A strict translation of La Crosse from French to English is "The stick." Youth in Quebec apparently consider this slang for masturbation or alternately, "I just got screwed," just like we use lots of common words as stand-ins for sex acts.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Re-make GM...please:

51985600&enjade6fd430a8b86&eiP94&partner=homepage

Robert Cohen wrote:

Reply to
Robert Cohen

Today I saw a 3-page article in either the NY TIMES or the LA TIMES or wherever that Nissan sales for June 06 are down nineteen percent from June 05 while GM sales are down 27 percent (or perhaps 25 percent) from June 05.

GM has approx one-fourth of the entire autombile market, while Nissan has approx six percent.

Their mutual biggest threat/competitor seems to be Toyota.

I myself do not foresee how GM (& Ford) with the reputed U.S. medical & pension burden can become that much more competitive w/o more drastic shake-ups/changes.

GM could seemingly help NIssan expand its sales, I suppose.

Robert Cohen wrote:

51985600&enjade6fd430a8b86&eiP94&partner=homepage>

Reply to
Robert Cohen

too Late, Toyota has aquired Chevrolet for a small sum, new company to be called "Toyolet"

Reply to
LouieG