TJL rumor?

The latest rumors from Jeep say that the 2005 model of the new longer wheel-based Jeep will have a Rubicon option. Not only that, but they are going to put a 6 speed manual transmission in the vehicle.

Any Truth? Any Links?

Reply to
Jeepers

All that is apparently exactly right.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Pics are in the latest Four Wheeler mag.

Truth! Late '04 availability. 6 speed tranny.

John

John Davies TLCA 14732

'96 Lexus LX450 '00 Audi A4 1.8T quattro Spokane WA USA

Reply to
John Davies

Any down side or criticizms of this new model? Any flames?

Reply to
Jeepers

None that we have heard of yet.

As you know, or maybe do not know, the Unlimited is currently available only with an automatic transmission. This is the only complaint we have heard as of this time, and the addition of the new 6-spd manual should be a good thing. It remains to be seen - I think - if 1st gear in the new 6 spd is going to be a grany low, or if 6th is going to be a super overdrive, of if

1st and 6th will geared the same as in the 5 spd, and the other gears will be spaced closer together.

DC has never called me to ask what I think, but if they did, I would suggest the Granny Low and gear 2nd thru 6th the same as 1st thru 5th is geared today.

Reply to
CRWLR

Sounds good to me too. I'll pass them a note for ya. ;^) Thanks!

Reply to
Jeepers

Nope, none yet... it sounds like it'll be a pretty potent Jeep.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Yes to both, it was in a four-wheel-drive mag this week.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I got this off another news group The new 2005 Wrangler 6 speed gear ratios:

1 - 5.014:1 2 - 2.831:1 3 - 1.789:1 4 - 1.256:1 5 - 1.000:1 6 - 0.828:1 Rev. - 4.569:1

Tom

Reply to
mabar

That's excellent!

I have a NP435 4-spd out of an old ('65) Ford F250 that has a 6.69:1 1st Gear ratio. I have three useful gears for the street, plus my Granny Low.

The new 6 spd looks like the everyday starts will happen in 2nd, and the rest of the day will be in the other upper gears. 1st isn't as low as mine, but it is lots lower than what is available today on the 5 spd.

Reply to
CRWLR

I know that one or two guys in Calgary have ordered the TJU Rubi with a late September delivery date!

Reply to
GzrGlide

We'll have to see how this plays out, but an Unlimited Rubi should be a real winner. A few around here now with 4-5" lifts and 35's, look great and I'm told are superb on the trail.

Reply to
Jerry McG

I forgot to add, let's see how DC and their dealers price it. The local dealers around here seem to insist on packing every Rubicon they get with the entire options list.

Reply to
Jerry McG

Reply to
twaldron