God loves me!

The fuel pump went out in the old van today. Having been out in most far away beeyards this morning it decided to quit only 3 miles from home! I always fill
my tank up (36 gal) but being in a hurry last Friday I only put in $40 worth. I only had to drain out 5 gals. to remove the tank. Now will NAPA have the pump in stock when I go to get a new one in the morning?
beekeep
PS: this will be pump #3
If I were you, I'd put a sheet metal plug with a pick-up tube in the fuel pump hole and mount an external fuel pump on the frame. Not only is it easier to change if it goes out, but it's also cheaper. Joe

Gunner wrote:

yes, good idea Gunner. about $100 cdn. my late hubby used to hook up the electric pump to trouble-shoot. if that solved the problem, since we can get fuel pumps a lot cheaper, eventually it would get a regular fuel pump
i was wondering, if this is an old tank, could it be clogging up the system with rust? or do you clean all the sludge out each time you replace the pump -- there must be some other reason why you've changed 3 pumps now -- other than "god loves you" ;-) how about a plastic gas tank if it is too corroded and you don't feel like cleaning it out?
rach