Gulf Coast part 2

communications,

LOL, sure Mike, call me names for voicing my opinion against your God and it is ok but get it in response and I am the bad one. Now who is the hopeless one?

Reply to
TBone

communications,

PKB!

While I agree with you on who should get most of the blame, Bush could have and should have done more than he did which was well nothing.

Reply to
TBone

you are surprisingly successful at climbing to new levels of ridiculousness. you amaze me. just when i think that you can't get any more goofy, you go and leap ahead. no one, and i mean no one (well.........maybe except for you) gives a shit where the president holds a news conference from. not in the least. if you think that they do then you haven't been paying any attention at all. now, they do care about what the president says and does. then again, he wasn't running the recovery efforts. try to grasp that tom. the system is what failed. the system is what needs to get fixed. you want to act like people here are bush worshipers and are biased against what you say becuase of that. this is just another of your many psychological wierdnesses. many people here are not bush fans. they are just more honest than you and have a sense of perspective (which would do you a world of good). that is good. people like you will never fix any problems becuase you have so many biases and your mind is so distorted that you can't analyze a situation to figure out what the problem is or was. just basic logic, you can't fix a problem if you can't accurately determine what the problem was.

just saying tom, that's all.

Reply to
thenewguy

you. yep, that is pretty much it.

Reply to
thenewguy

We dropped the ball on this one, plain and simple. Now we didnt screw up near as bad as the paper, media, etc are saying. We should of had help there a day sooner than we did. We cant prepare for every Major storm before it happens, so waiting to see the damages was an acceptable move, But if you read the papers or watch the news you will see the levys broke After the storm, thats what caused a good deal of damage. If we wernt extending our forces, we would have more to send. But the help that did arrive had to come via Trained high powered assult rifles. Its hard to help people who are shooting at you. this just isnt a few dozen people, but hundreds. Ever try freeing a wild animal from a trap? you may be trying to help it, but since everytime you get close it bites at you there is only so much you can do.

Reply to
xmirage2kx

geez, it really has to suck to be you tom. i mean, you gotta listen to yourself all the time. we only have to listen to your whinny little posts on this ng. anyway, how about coming up with some solutions? you got any positive ideas about how to deal with this crisis? you got anything positive at all tom? do you see anything good in this world? i would just like to hear you be positive about something tom.

gads, what a whinny little bastard. you really get old.

Reply to
thenewguy

communications,

What part of 'could do nothing until requested by the Mayor or Governor' escapes you ?

and could he have done nothing better in Wash DC ?

jesus, mary and joseph, you are one stupid f*ck

Reply to
TranSurgeon

that pretty much sums it all up.

Reply to
thenewguy

The fact that it is complete BULLSHIT and a lame excuse. He could have made sure that the military was ready to move the instant it was needed as well as making sure that military aircraft and equipment was available and ready the instant that it was called for. He also could have and should have had his ass back in the White House prior to the storm to give the appearance the he and the gubberment were ready to deal with whatever happened due to the storm and afterward. The fact that so many people and news services commented negatively on him not being there more than backs up my point, retard.

Just keep your head in the sand, we are used to it. It shows the appearance that he actually gives a damn and to even say that he could have done nothing better in the White House just shows who is the real stupid and ignorant f*ck. Now get back to your fuzzy math.

Reply to
TBone

unexpected.

LOL, completely not true. They were expecting major flooding during the storm and when it didn't happen right away, they thought that they got off lucky, until the levees failed that it.

Ok, fine. Either way, you are now prepared to some degree for if it happens again and I doubt that the people in charge will wait until after the next major stor in your area to even begin the planning.

For the level of damage and number of people in trouble, yea, I would say NOTHING.

They should have been activated prior to the storm since they knew that it was comming.

Yes, it is but a storm that powerful is going to cause significant damage to wherever it strikes and we should have been somewhat ready for it and we simply dropped the ball, big time.

Reply to
TBone

So diverting AF1 and dropping it 30,000 feet closer to the earth wasn't enough? Of course, that was part of his delay in getting back to D.C. Never mind that he's made two trips to the affected area since then. Or that his security would have been in question prior to then.

How about the rants he has directed at the oil companies for being totally unable to cope with the demand placed on them by the U.S., mainly because they keep exporting our resources? Looked to me like he was pissed, but hey, I don't know the man, he could have been joking around.

And you really have no clue what sort of technology surrounds the highest office in the land. If AF1 is good enough to command our forces in a nuclear attack, its good enough to command the country during a disaster. To claim otherwise is simply talking out your ass.

And you really have no clue what sort of technology surrounds the highest office in the land. If AF1 is good enough to command our forces in a nuclear attack, its good enough to command the country during a disaster. To claim otherwise is simply talking out your ass.

And you really have no clue what sort of technology surrounds the highest office in the land. If AF1 is good enough to command our forces in a nuclear attack, its good enough to command the country during a disaster. To claim otherwise is simply talking out your ass.

But you want him to talk to the people face to face for appearances sake, and because its the best way to know what they need, according to you. Flip frigging flop.

And you really have no clue what sort of technology surrounds the highest office in the land. If AF1 is good enough to command our forces in a nuclear attack, its good enough to command the country during a disaster. To claim otherwise is simply talking out your ass.

Reply to
Max Dodge

[...]

Wrong. Its a Constitutional fact. The federal government CANNOT take charge of a state emergency until asked to do so. In this case, its been acknowledged that the Gov. of LA. did not allow federal command to take over soon enough.

The States are in charge of the NG, and according to MSNBC, the NG had its alert filed on Saturday prior to the storm.

The news services had no clue, they were listening to the people, not the government agencies. Doing the right thing isn't a popularity contest.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Your claims back up the fact that their plan failed. If they expected exactly what happened, and it took an extra day for it to happen, then th Mayor of NO is at fault, not the NG or the Feds.

The plan is in palace and has been executed correctly several times.

I just heard a report that 40% of the USCG helos were on scene. Thats 80 aircraft. A bit more than nothing.

According to the NG spokesman on MSNBC, they were.

No. See, what you fail to understand is, a disaster is a disaster because its a huge bad event. Until it happens, dealing with it perfectly is impossible. Too bad they aren't all exactly alike, then people like you could have the perfection you desire.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Max Dodge wrote: > Wrong. Its a Constitutional fact. The federal government CANNOT take charge

Yep, it's called The Stafford Act. Anyone with a functioning brain stem should know that.

Reply to
Jerry