Gulf Coast part 2

Page 3 of 3

So diverting AF1 and dropping it 30,000 feet closer to the earth wasn't enough? Of course, that was part of his delay in getting back to D.C. Never mind that he's made two trips to the affected area since then. Or that his security would have been in question prior to then.
How about the rants he has directed at the oil companies for being totally unable to cope with the demand placed on them by the U.S., mainly because they keep exporting our resources? Looked to me like he was pissed, but hey, I don't know the man, he could have been joking around.

And you really have no clue what sort of technology surrounds the highest office in the land. If AF1 is good enough to command our forces in a nuclear attack, its good enough to command the country during a disaster. To claim otherwise is simply talking out your ass.

And you really have no clue what sort of technology surrounds the highest office in the land. If AF1 is good enough to command our forces in a nuclear attack, its good enough to command the country during a disaster. To claim otherwise is simply talking out your ass.

And you really have no clue what sort of technology surrounds the highest office in the land. If AF1 is good enough to command our forces in a nuclear attack, its good enough to command the country during a disaster. To claim otherwise is simply talking out your ass.

But you want him to talk to the people face to face for appearances sake, and because its the best way to know what they need, according to you. Flip frigging flop.

--
Max

[...]

Just as I expected... invective instead of clear headed thought.... you are hopeless.....
Mike
He should have returned to the White House for appearance

Mr. President, we have consulted with our industry experts, and the conclusion for more effective communication in the future between the government and the affected citizens is, "Fuck you, Mike". We'll have our speech-writers get on this ASAP. Thank you, Mr. President.

LOL, sure Mike, call me names for voicing my opinion against your God and it is ok but get it in response and I am the bad one. Now who is the hopeless one?

you. yep, that is pretty much it.

you ignorant ass
Bush could do NOTHING until help was requested by the New Orleans Mayor (the one who let over 300 school busses sit unused and then screamed 'It be racism' that the Feds didn't help evac the people; or the Governor of Louisiana, who refused to admit that they were overwhelmed

PKB!
While I agree with you on who should get most of the blame, Bush could have and should have done more than he did which was well nothing.

geez, it really has to suck to be you tom. i mean, you gotta listen to yourself all the time. we only have to listen to your whinny little posts on this ng. anyway, how about coming up with some solutions? you got any positive ideas about how to deal with this crisis? you got anything positive at all tom? do you see anything good in this world? i would just like to hear you be positive about something tom.
gads, what a whinny little bastard. you really get old.

What part of 'could do nothing until requested by the Mayor or Governor' escapes you ?
and could he have done nothing better in Wash DC ?
jesus, mary and joseph, you are one stupid fuck
On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 17:57:32 GMT, "TranSurgeon"

that pretty much sums it all up.

The fact that it is complete BULLSHIT and a lame excuse. He could have made sure that the military was ready to move the instant it was needed as well as making sure that military aircraft and equipment was available and ready the instant that it was called for. He also could have and should have had his ass back in the White House prior to the storm to give the appearance the he and the gubberment were ready to deal with whatever happened due to the storm and afterward. The fact that so many people and news services commented negatively on him not being there more than backs up my point, retard.

Just keep your head in the sand, we are used to it. It shows the appearance that he actually gives a damn and to even say that he could have done nothing better in the White House just shows who is the real stupid and ignorant fuck. Now get back to your fuzzy math.

Wrong. Its a Constitutional fact. The federal government CANNOT take charge of a state emergency until asked to do so. In this case, its been acknowledged that the Gov. of LA. did not allow federal command to take over soon enough.

The States are in charge of the NG, and according to MSNBC, the NG had its alert filed on Saturday prior to the storm.

The news services had no clue, they were listening to the people, not the government agencies. Doing the right thing isn't a popularity contest.
--
Max

Max Dodge wrote: > Wrong. Its a Constitutional fact. The federal government CANNOT take charge

Yep, it's called The Stafford Act. Anyone with a functioning brain stem should know that.

That is because it is impossible to do in a "concrete" way and you know that.

They are part of the military, their complete safety is not the issue and it takes little time to shift or deploy to a different location once assembled.

Once again, they are in the military and there families have to come second and as I have said before and you ignored, their families should have been evacuated prior to the storm.

You are correct and larger aircraft should have been made available. As for faster responce, even the earthquake in CA had massive movement within 2 days, not close to 5 like now.

It is not useless, it is in transit with supplies.

It does not matter, once assembled, deployment happens MUCH faster.

They are in the military, they gave up that type of choice when they joined and their families should have been evacuated prior to the storm hitting the area.

And what exactly are thes special circumstances and lets see some time lines on how much longet these pre-flight checks will take.

And that is where the federal gov screwed up not making sure that these larger aircraft were available and in the area in case they were needed.

It is public apperance pinhead. And despite the communications network, more can still be done in person. As for chaos in his support system, LOL, you are really reaching now.

And this is where the President or the fed screwed up. He should have made sure that this type of equipment was available should the USCG need it and made sure it was done before the storm made landfall. The problem is that it's all about the money anymore. We can spends billions on a useless war but when it comes to protecting and helping the people at home....

I think NO followed their Disaster Plan, which was probably a one-page document, and had little to no disaster resistant infrastructure.
--

FMB
(only one B in FMB)
Roy wrote: