Heater/AC fan

2002 Dakota; 3.9 V6 Heater/AC fan motor will only run in high speed. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Resistor pack is shot. You should be able to access it from underneath the dash. I don't know about the Dak specifically, but it's normally right on the bottom of the HVAC unit, or on the right side, accessible through the glove box opening (once you remove the box). It should have a multi-wire connector (usually four wires) to it. Unplug the connector, and the block should unscrew from the housing.
bad resistor

Had one replaced on my 02 Dakota under warranty part $6 Labor $80

$80? Man - it sure pays to know which end of a screwdriver to hold...
Same thing on my '01 Dakota. $9 for the part and it's an easy do it yourself. 1/2 hour or less.
Gary B.

"mowingy" wrote:

I do not know where is is located exactally in that truck but there is a a set of resistors coils that are in a air duct that allows the selection of several speeds. They are known to burn out and it is the first thing to check. They are mounted through the side of duct with a connector on them.
Found the resistor pack under the glove compartment easily accessable. Even if it was hard to get to for $80 bucks I'd have found a way to do it. TY everyone for the info.