Heater/AC fan

2002 Dakota; 3.9 V6 Heater/AC fan motor will only run in high speed. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Reply to
mowingy

Resistor pack is shot. You should be able to access it from underneath the dash. I don't know about the Dak specifically, but it's normally right on the bottom of the HVAC unit, or on the right side, accessible through the glove box opening (once you remove the box). It should have a multi-wire connector (usually four wires) to it. Unplug the connector, and the block should unscrew from the housing.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

bad resistor

Reply to
I'm Right

I do not know where is is located exactally in that truck but there is a a set of resistors coils that are in a air duct that allows the selection of several speeds. They are known to burn out and it is the first thing to check. They are mounted through the side of duct with a connector on them.

Reply to
SnoMan

$80? Man - it sure pays to know which end of a screwdriver to hold...

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Same thing on my '01 Dakota. $9 for the part and it's an easy do it yourself. 1/2 hour or less.

Reply to
Gary B

Reply to
mowingy