Heater / AC Fan

'98 Silverado Does one have to completely dimantle the interior to get to the fan and motor? It's making a ticking noise that's annoying but not worth 3 days of labor to fix. Thanks, BF

Reply to
BF

On my 98 Blazer, it took 9.3 hours (flat rate) labor to replace the heater core. I'm guessing: YES.

"Jim, I take no pleasure in saying that."; Spock.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You need to pull the right kick panel, the lower right instrument panel retainer bolt and the glove box/storage compartment. Then go in and unbolt the blower.

Reply to
Steve W.

Steve has much more experience and wisdom. Believe him, over me.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

if its like my 91 its not very hard. I replaced the fan in mine and it was actually pretty easy. Heater core is a different animal.

Reply to
Troy

Slightly different but most of the process is the same. The easy way on the cores is to cut the housing on the lines then glue/screw them back in. Some of the latest vehicles you may as well trade in if the core fails.....

Reply to
Steve W.

Thanks Troy, I might get brave when the weather is a bit warmer. BF

Reply to
BF