AC / Heater fan noise ???

Tacoma 1999, 12,000 miles V6 with off road package. If I put the fan on high it makes racket... Less noise if I go to the next lower speed. The 2 lowest speeds are quiter. To loud to use the 2 high speeds. I'm guessing I will have to get access to the fan and see if its broken of if squirrels put something in there???

How do I gain access to this?

TIA

Steve

Reply to
steve

I have a 2000 Pre-Runner. I too had some blower noise. If you have factory a/c the blower motor is on the passenger side behind the glove box. If you lay on the floor on the passenger side an look up will see the motor. It is held in by 3 screws, so easy to get too. I had some leaves in mine, all quiet now. whole job took 10 min. Hope this helps . Scott

Reply to
zonie

You were right. 10 min. job.

Thanks