lubricity additive?

should i be running some type of lubricity additive in my '04.5 or '05 cummins dodge trucks now that diesel is low sulpher? thanks,

--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com
Nathan W. Collier wrote:

Diesel fuel is "ultra low sulpher" now. I'd add some kind of lubricant to it if I were burning that nasty stuff.
--
Ken

My preference is Stanadyne Performance.
FMB (North Mexico)
My email to Stanadyne last year resulted in a response from them to keep using their product ( no surprise ), but the refineries would be adding lubricity @ the refinery to make up for it. It would be interesting to hear from someone @ a refinery to confirm this.
Something tells me that this is more of a requirement than them just being nice, even if the requirement is just maintaining their sales and customer base.
"617211" < snipped-for-privacy@telus.net> wrote in message

http://www.chevron.com/products/prodserv/fuels/diesel/ulsd.shtml#A13 discusses the Lubricity issue somewhat, stating there is a new ASTM Standard now, but it doesn't say if they add any or wether the ULSD already meets that standard.
FMB (North Mexico)
tom, what say you?
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

<drains a little fuel from the water separator onto fingers> <squishes it around a bit>
Seems slippery enough to me...
Honestly, I'm not too worried about it.
I will continue to use Stanadyne as I have 250k + without major fuel problems!

so you dont run any type of lubricity additive? the conoco fuel station down the road says it includes lubricity additive in the fuel, but when i travel i wont always have access. if its not necessary i dont want to go through the trouble. if it is something i have to worry about id rather just trade up to a low sulpher diesel.
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com
On Tue, 29 May 2007 21:39:25 -0600, Nathan W. Collier wrote:

LSD isn't/won't be avail for highway use anymore. only ULSD. i havent had any problems out of any of mine, and haven't heard of anyone else having any either.
Chris
05 CTD

Nope

good enough for me, thanks. any idea why "everybody" i know is running stanadyne? needless worry?
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

They have a hell of a marketing department :)
That, and since you went and moved yourself up into Yeti country, colder temps require more attention be paid to your fuel.

That's what I was thinking. The additive probably has a anti gel property
It is made by a pump company, so hopefully they know what they're doing? plus for pennies a fill-up, I get to avoid costly pump rebuilds. YMMV.

Before I got a Dodge Hemi I had a Chevy diesel for 18 years and 170k miles before I sold it to a friend who now has over 200k on it. I had to put a pump on it at 50k miles and on the advice of my diesel shop - whose business it is to rebuild all makess of pumps - started using Stanadyne. S