OT: Memorial Day

Tomorrow while you, your loved ones and your friends are BBQing, partying, and enjoying life take a moment to remember all those that are out there sacrificing all they are and all they have for us.
Tip a hat, raise a toast, say a silent prayer, but do not forget them.
azwiley1 wrote:

Amen.
I always try to spend a few minutes reading a poem or two by Michael Marks. I seldom manage to get through one dry-eyed. If you aren't familiar with his works, read one or two at http://iwvpa.net/marksm/index.php .
Happy Memorial Day to all.

+1
Denny

Amen
Better yet, make a charitable contribution that goes a long way. 99% or more of the money donated to either of these 2 charities makes it to familes and/or soldiers who have suffered while defending our country. What other charity can claim that low of an overhead?
Navy-Marine Corp Relief Society at http://www.nmcrs.org / Army Emergency Relief at http://www.nmcrs.org /
There is also the USO, their "care package" program can be found at http://www.operationusocarepackage.org/site/pp.asp?c=ikLVJ7MSKvH&bV9653 I don't know what kind of over head they have, but they provide a lot to the soldiers, sailors and airmen in the field.

I'll be loading up a bunch of veterans in the AM to parade them through town on a trailer. I'll then be helping them place a wreath at the Memorial Park in town.
--
Max