OT: Memorial Day

Tomorrow while you, your loved ones and your friends are BBQing, partying, and enjoying life take a moment to remember all those that are out there sacrificing all they are and all they have for us.

Tip a hat, raise a toast, say a silent prayer, but do not forget them.

Reply to
azwiley1

Amen.

I always try to spend a few minutes reading a poem or two by Michael Marks. I seldom manage to get through one dry-eyed. If you aren't familiar with his works, read one or two at

. Happy Memorial Day to all.

Reply to
Langerhans

+1

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Amen

Reply to
theguy

Better yet, make a charitable contribution that goes a long way. 99% or more of the money donated to either of these 2 charities makes it to familes and/or soldiers who have suffered while defending our country. What other charity can claim that low of an overhead?

Navy-Marine Corp Relief Society at

Army Emergency Relief at

Ed H.

I'll be loading up a bunch of veterans in the AM to parade them through town on a trailer. I'll then be helping them place a wreath at the Memorial Park in town.

Reply to
Max Dodge