OT: Movin

Page 1 of 2
Well, I know some will think that they won their little piss-ant game they are playing but it couldn't be further from the truth.
I will be moving in two weeks and with out services for a bit. I
addition to that I will have to change providers as Cox does not service the area I am moving too, so Comcast here I come.
Anyway, catch you on the flip and I will be here a little bit longer.
Moving oh joy! NOT!!!

look forward to hearing from you when you are settled in larry. good luck.
On May 14, 8:17 pm, snipped-for-privacy@whatever.net wrote:

Wanna come do it for me? LOL

Li'l bow-tie's just not up to the job, huh? Me and the rest of the Dodge boys will be there to haul your stuff, don't sweat it :^)
On May 14, 9:24 pm, "Tom Lawrence"

Gee, thanks Tom. That would save me renting a U-hual and might be cheaper. :)

Where ya going? You going back to NY and play in the snow? <G> We did a move to another house down the street a couple of years ago and it sucked. I still can't find some of my stuff. Now that the next move is down here I'm all for selling the house furnished. Found out that it is impossible to rent a van like a econoline or the like. Well, you can rent them, but not one way. I suppose I can grab one of my friends car trailer and load that and haul it down here but then I'm dead heading it back. Guess I'll figure it out eventually.

Oh HELL NO! I have no desire to move to that damn cold ass state again. I am moving up to the Tucson area. Can't and won't keep driving 176 miles a day for work. Though I hate moving, I am glad that this is happening because my wife is quite the pack rat and now she has to get rid of junk because it is not going with us.

Well at least there's that benefit.
While you may not be able to rent a van, you can rent a small truck one way as I did it several times when moving down here from NJ. I don't know how much furniture you have to move but it took me about 3 of these trucks over the course of a year to fully move and one of them was a 24 footer "also pulling the Nissan" on a trailer.

"Roy" < snipped-for-privacy@Fhome.net> wrote in message

It will cost me over 1300 to rent a truck that I can haul the Magnum with. I'm better off grabbing one of my friends car trailer and going that route. I've given up on the van.

Thanks for the info. Currently we have a 26' U-haul lined up for a day. I have a few friends coming to help and we will be able to do it all in one shot with this truck.

it!
Roy

Have you thought about looking into that PODS stuff?
http://www.pods.com/Default.aspx
I haven't but it work out for you

I hadn't thought of that. What the tentative plan is for now is next Feb. or April vacation me and a few of my friends load the trailer and my buddy and his wife head to Fl with it. I and the wife and dog drive he Magnum down behind them, we unload, hang out for week, drop the girls at the airport and bring the truck and trailer and dog back north. But I'll look into the pods, nice to have options.

I just called POD's out of boredom. Too early to try to get some sleep for tonights drive. Anyway it would cost, are ya ready $3K for a POD move. That is a little more than I want to spend especially for the small amount of stuff I want to move. Wish I could find a rental company thatwould rent a econoline, that would do it.
Anyway thanks for the idea.

DAMN!!!!!!!!! I thought that comanies like U-haul, Budget, etc. rented vans/small trucks also.

They rent those small box truck. They suck. I want a econoline. All I'm moving is a bed, a roll away tool box, wide screen tv, generator and Sue's kitchen stuff. Maybe some misc stuff that's in the garage. Not a whole hell of a lot. I really want that bed though. Looks like it might have to be the car hauler.

According to Budget Truck rental they offer a 10' Cargo Van, which is exactly what you are looking for, right?
http://www.budgettruck.com/Moving-Trucks.aspx

Yup, it is. BUT they don't rent them one way, local only. The 10 foot box truck is over 2K. If I was to spend that, then figure the gas, I might be better off with the POD. Well, I've a bunch of time to decide what I'm going to do. I'm going to shut this down and get some sleep. From the weather report, I'll be needing it. All kinds of shit weather from NJ north. It is what it is I guess, talk to ya Sunday.

Take care and be careful