Re: hard on fuel

i got a 3.92 axel ratio and 20 inchers. i dont really care for the big bulky things either but when the Dodges have the 17 inch wheels the look like they are too small for the truck and it makes the truck look all clumsy. too me a Dodge with 17 inch wheels looks like shaq o'niel with a size 5 1/2 shoe.

Reply to
Hemi Dude

i got a 3.92 axel ratio and 20 inchers. i dont really care for the big bulky things either but when the Dodges have the 17 inch wheels the look like they are too small for the truck and it makes the truck look all clumsy. too me a Dodge with 17 inch wheels looks like shaq o'niel with a size 5 1/2 shoe.

Think that might be because full size trucks these days are just getting excessively large, while the big three keep competing in the "my truck is bigger then your truck" mind set?

Reply to
Trey

Bigger tires, not bigger wheels are whats needed in my opinion. 20" wheels on Rams makes them look like pimp rides. I don't know why people want to ride on such little rubber.

Reply to
miles

Please turn off the HTML when posting. Thanks Clay

Reply to
Badger

You just need to put some decent sized tires on those 17's and it looks just fine. I think 90% of the 20's made look kinda sissified. There are some great looking ones out there, but they cost a lot and the ones that are fairly within reason, price wise, are heavy as hell. One set I saw on a local truck went for a BASE (they had all kinds of finish options) price of "only" $995 each... They were forged, so they were much lighter than the cast ones like the stockers.

BDK

Reply to
BDK