Re: Shifting Strangeness 98 Ram

[snip]
Thanks miles, I'll try what you suggest and report the findings tomorrow.
I forgot to mention that I observe the behavior at most any operating temperature or air temperature.
Another thing, would the TPS or other sensor problems show as fault codes w/o showing on the dash idiot lights as "Check Engine"?
Thanks,
mole
mole wrote:

A faulty TPS will not likely cause a check engine light. It simply senses the throttle position so a faulty TPS just gives bad data and the computer doesn't know to trip a fault code.
I have also heard some independent Dodge techs tell me improper electrical filters cause the torque converter to unlock. I'm not sure if they are referring to spark ignition noise being picked up or what. But this normally occurs on new Dodges right from the start.
[snip]

Okay, tested very light application of the brakes at steady speed on flat roadway. When the brakes began to engage the revs shot about 300 RPM up briefly as the torque converter unlocked. I repeated this several times. The wavering I noted as a suspected problem or symptom was only about 50 RPM. Suppose that means start playing 20 questions with the TPS?
Thanks,
mole

I replaced mine in about 10 minutes (99 ram 318) My truck was doing the same thing yours is. Only cost a few bucks.

the
RPM.
Thanks Will and miles, I'll p/u a TPS and install it.
mole