Second AC

My new Montana Mountaineer just does get cool enough for us, so I've been looking into adding the 2nd AC in the bedroom. Of course when I bought it
the salesman said it was already wired and all I needed to do was drop one in....AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA NOPE.
I took the vent out yesterday and it's braced for a unit, but no AC is ran. Anyway, after doing some research, I've decided not to go with a roof mount and have found a semi portable unit for about the same price.
http://www.sylvane.com/sunpentown-wa1230.html
I ordered the 1230H which has the heater also. Pull around 9 amps and will actually fit in my bedroom closet. I'm going to add another circuit box and wire it separately from the 50 AMP service, as most of the places we go, including my hunting camp only have 30 AMP service. I figure the a 20 AMP breaker and the proper wire and another 120VAC heavy duty extension cord should work to connect the new AC to the 20 amp service that all the places we go have in addition to the 30 AMP service.
I see no reason why this won't work, and I figure I can run both AC's even though the main AC will be on the 30 AMP service.
Anyone else got something like this?
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

question, LOL, :)
Dave Lee wrote:

started prior to 50 amp service. Was the normal way to run all the extra things you wanted like cooking on electric grills and hot plates.
--

BILL P.
Just

I don't know if it's just Texas, Arkansas, and Oklabygodhoma, but I rarely see a camp area with 50Amp service. I never stay at KOA or private campground, mainly because I haven't found one with a view I feel like paying for. And I can't stand camping so close together that the camper next to me can her my wife snore and fart.
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!
MoParMaN wrote:

start a training program on the reduction of farting and snoring. I stayed at the Tishomingo SP and they had a stubup with all three power outlets, none of us had 50amp but did have an adapter. I would suspect a third connection might have a problem there. But having a requirement for the 50amp box, I cannot say who does and who does not have. Looking through my COE book it appears as though many have 50amp, I base this on the listing under power as "Yes" and some indicating 30amp and others with 30/50. Like I say I do not really know. But I will pull in to a 50amp slot just to assure plenty of power.
--

BILL P.
Just

Me to if available.