Cool get together idea!

How about we organise a uk.rec.cars.modifications dyno day? We can all meet up and have a good chat about cars and stuff rather than just typeing at each others online alter ego ^_^

I think it would be cool to finally meet some of you guys.

Would anyone be interested? I'll definately have the shittest car there with my stupid 1.3 petrol mrk 2 golf lol, unless I stick my 1.6 golf driver engine in or even better if i can get that 8v gti off masons mistress in time.

But rest assured my ride will look better than your bwhaha! Appart from maybe vamps mr2 turbo...

Come on it will be fun!

We would have to decide on a location and date obviously, perhaps a saturday in November(ish) time?

Reply to
REMUS

I'd be up for it - just one thing - how about we all reply to this thread with rough locations of where we all are, just to get a rough idea of a good location to do this. I'll start off by saying I life in John O'Groats. Then I'll tell the truth by saying I live in Berkshire.

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Ok i'm on the Powys/Shropshire boarder near montgomery in Mid-Wales, but i'll travel where ever.

Reply to
REMUS

1.4litre Volvo 340. Meant to put out 70 horses or so. Feels more like 55-60, I reckon. I BEAT YOU IN THE SHIT CAR STAKES, OH YES.
Reply to
Doki

At the RAC.... :D

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I seriously doubt mines putting out more than 60-70 bhp and once I have these deep dish alloys i will hopefully win on ebay it will be even more damn slow.

Reply to
REMUS

ooops, i'll read the post properly next time. Unless you can find a dyno up near Sheffield!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

and it needs to be 4wd :) for me and carl lol

Reply to
ronny

What do you drive? Not somthing thats going to horrendously put my car to shame I hope! Once I get about 10 peoples names down who will definately go, i'll try and find a place somewhere that can accomadate you guys (4wd and close enough).

Does anyone have a limit on how far they will drive?

Reply to
REMUS

It's an audi he has but not a quick one. ;)

Reply to
Depresion

Well Ive got an Audi A4 quattro 1.8T and carls got a Celica Turbo, I think Pete has a sierra 4x4 as well TT

Reply to
ronny

In news:6D%5d.280$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk, ronny decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

yup, so that's three 4x4s and at least three turbos :-D

Reply to
Pete M

It will be though, once shes been chipped

Reply to
ronny

*glup* oh well looks like i'll just have to polish her up to sit there looking pretty then :)

If you want to do this email me at:

remus_243@hot(spam)mail.com

remove spam to send email. So I can get an idea of the numbers involved.

Be it a super sexy mark 2 golf that automatically is better than everything or a stupidly powerful estate email me and bring down your pride and joy for a u.r.c.m get together, I promise to buy at least one round, if we actually get into a pub! Or i'll bring some cans down in a chiller :D

So not only do you get to admire each others... cars (and especially mine) but you also get free beer, what a deal! How does sat nov 6th sound? if we are lucky we might get a free fire works display : P

Reply to
REMUS

In news:cja2k7$ok6$ snipped-for-privacy@news7.svr.pol.co.uk, REMUS decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Erm, do they still have the "night of fire" @ Santa Pod in November?

Reply to
Pete M

This nutter lives not a million miles away from me ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

He doesn't live a million miles away from me either.

It's still a bloody long way from Aberdeen to anywhere in Wales though. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Wicklow...

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 - But soon a fancy T28!1998 Audi A4 - I don't know why, but i did.

Reply to
Chet

I'll come along. Better down South for me really, but I'll travel anywhere between Wycombe and Manchester . Mine's a turbo too. Only 2WD though

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

And a cat-spit from where I work.

Still, he seems to be a sheep-shagger so not worth going to see.

Reply to
Steve Firth