service code dodge diesel

Hello, Could someone please help me. I own a 2003 dodge ram 2500 cummings automatic. The other day I stop my truck for a few minutes when I restarted it it peaked some 2500 rpm's them died. I tried to
restart it, it would not start, waited a few minutes and it started again and died. I got it started again, now my tach does not work and my check engine light is on. The code is P0700. Please someone tell me what this code is and how i can fix it. Thank you, notordinary
Trans control fault
Herllo, Thank you, I thought I was a tranny code but not sure, why is my tach not working?
sqdancerLynn wrote:

Maybe speed sensor in top of diff.
Ok, Thank you so much for the info.
Joseph Myers wrote:

TCM moniters vehicle speed & engine speed so I would start checking the RPM circuit. exactly what ?? Sugest getting aldata subscription for wiring diagrams