T-Bonehead, the math whiz

Page 5 of 9

Not trying to and perhaps you should follow your own advice. Now what does that converter convert and how does the trans increase torque without producing more???????

Gary explained that. Maybe you should have read what he said.
--
Max

He did no such thing and come to think of it, neither did you.

Denial was a necessity for O.J. and Michael, but it just makes you look stupid.
--
Max

does
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, you are one dense fuck
I said several posts ago 'the torque converter changes high-rpm /l ow torque horsepower (input) to low rpm / high torque horsepower (output)
and I never said that the transmission 'increases torque', that was your spin on it

You really need to relax Gary, this level of temper is not healthy. It is ok to admit that you might be wrong every now and then, you will feel much better.

torque
So you are saying that it converts RPM to torque., Well, that sounds like it producing torque to me. Glad you could admit to your error here.

That is because it can and has nothing to do with spin. I'm just glad to be able to help you further your career with knowledge.

no, I said 'converts'
please, learn to read

be
you really need to go to the public library and find Chiltons # 7412 'Automatic Transmoission Repair Manual' and read the chapter on torque converter operation
this silly ritual of declaring yourself the winner of arguements, in the face of overwhelming evidence ot the contrary, is getting tiresome

what
without
is
much
like
How exactly does it convert it? If it reduces RPM and builds torque, then it is producing more torque at the cost of RPM.

your
I know how they work. That is not the issue. What is the issue is that nothing can increase something without producing more of it, regardless of the method.

Hahahahahaha, look who is talking.

It
ow
so............you're into perpetual motion machines now ?

yup
I'm calling you a lying waste of oxygen who spins his ass off when he can't back up what he said

of
Does proving your ignorance really make you feel good. I said the they produce torque, not power therefore, perpetual motion has nothing to do with it. However, your demonstration of perpetual stupidity really is amazing.

the
can't
IOW, you are calling my you, now I really am insulted.

Nope. It cannot produce torque anymore than it can create it. It can however, TRANSmit it. Hence the name, "transmission."
BTW, I think Roget can help you with your problem understanding "create" and "produce" as being pretty much the same in the context which you used them.
--
Max

That's incorrect. A transmission can increase torque. For example, a hypothetical transmission could take 50 ft-lbs of torque on input and produce 300 ft lbs of torque. (numbers are arbitrary). No laws of physics are violated by increasing torque on output.

No laws of physics are violated because it didn't increase the torque, it merely changed its configuration.
--
Max

Nope, transmissions do change torque. If you want, you can think about a torque multiplier. In converts input torque into a much greater output torque. It is a simple geared device.
Heck, even a simple lever changes torque.
On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 03:10:13 GMT, Ignoramus13822

oops, scratch that, a lever does not change torque, but torque multipliers and transmissions do.

Yup, they CHANGE torque, but they don't produce it, make it, create it, etc.
I'm probably a bit more familiar with transmissions than you think I am.
--
Max

etc.
And yet, you still don't seem to know shit about them when it comes to the physics that they operate on.

This coming from the one that cannot figure out that a transmission doesn't produce anything, nor does it "come forth" with anything.
Keep digging.
--
Max

am.
the
doesn't
If the transmission could not produce anything, there would be no need for it to exist. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.