Truck dies, suggestions please???

Page 2 of 2

Careful, Tom might tell you that you are whinning about it. I am starting to think that Tom has too much time on his hands as he seems to be playing net nanny a lot lately.

Some people have skin about as thick as rice paper.
On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:46:21 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@msn.net wrote:

It looks to me that you got some very good answers. If you don't want the side chatter go to the library and read the troubleshooting section of the manual.
beekeep
Ok snowball.
"azwiley1" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I would look more into chewed wires near or going to the fuel tank. The filter is inside of the tank and is part of the fuel pump assembly so I doubt that is an issue although it could be if you have a really bad tank of fuel. Are you getting a check engine light? If not does the check engine light work?
< snipped-for-privacy@msn.net> wrote in message

Get the fuel pressure checked.

exactly what i was thinking roy. a cheap pressure guague could show the problem. another thought could be a flakey ignition switch. especially if the OP has a heavy key ring. this could easily be verified by shaking the key switch without the truck moving.
--
Chris

Yup, the key ring has gotten a few.
Roy

I've had several bouts of flakey electric fuel pumps in various makes and models. If you can't find anything else wrong it's worth a shot.
On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 01:43:47 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@msn.net wrote:

My guess would be the fuel pump. They are only good for about 150K.
beekeep
On Aug 14, 9:43 pm, snipped-for-privacy@msn.net wrote:

Sounds like the rat has caused your problem. Move the truck around (as in when you towed it) and the chewn wire makes contact again... drive the truck and hit a bump and it shuts off again. Might be tough to find.. follow the rat pee smell and the turd trail and you might find a nest..