wanted 2.47 input shaft for an A-833

I am in need of a 2.47 input shaft for an A-833. Anybody have one or know where I can purchase a used one relatively cheap?
Thanks,
Tadjou
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
-- Visit: Massachusetts Mopar Group http://www.massmopar.com
tadjou wrote:

Hi Tadjou,
My old Direct Connection manual says that's a '70-74 1"x23 spline piece. Unless someone has started repopping them, the gear internals for the A833 haven't been made in decades. The last set of new parts I bought (in the 80s) were synchronizer assemblies that came in boxes marked "AutoGear". They didn't slide worth a darn due to burrs on the hub. My machinist says that, as parts were inspected, anything that didn't meet specification was tossed into a bin. Rather than pitch them into the trash, Chrysler would sell them to the aftermarket. Aftermarket resellers would just put the parts in their boxes w/o any work. Watch out for "new" parts that aren't in MoPar packages!
One or more of these folks may have what you need, or point you in the right direction: Liberty's Gears (http://www.libertysgears.com /) Layson's (http://www.laysons.com /) Bob Mazzolini (http://www.bobmazzoliniracing.com /) Mancini Racing (http://www.manciniracing.com /) Jim's Auto Parts (http://www.jimsautoparts.com /)
Though the synchro teeth on a Drive Pinion gear are used only when engaging 4th, they could still be hammered. I believe Liberty's can cut the old teeth off and weld on a new set on an otherwise-usable part.
Bryan