02 Punto Engine warning Lamp at speed

Hi, I have an 02 Punto, when were going down the motorway around 70-75. When the road goes downhill I release the throttle a little to not speed to much,
the warning lamp flashes. Then goes off after 10 secs. This is repeatable. I have had the engine checked and the fault code given pointed to the coil pack on cylinder 2. This was replaced. However the fault still exists, the engine runs fine, but this light keeps coming on at speed going down hill. Does anyone else have any experience???

No but it might be worth asking/searching http://www.fiatforum.com / I'd suspect that the fault code didn't relate to this fault. I've had the warning on other Fiats when lifting off the throttle approaching junctions, but not so reproduceably and as it's only for a few secs haven't worried about it.

Thats the situation. Always when decelerating, and more often at higher speeds, but has been seen going down hill towards a junction at slow speed too. But always when decelerating.
TheDragon wrote:

Had that problem with my '96 Tempra during ski holiday high in the mountains when braking on the engine down-hill. It never happened on sea-level so i suspected something with the thin air. Never discovered the real problem so i just ignored it.
with regards,
Sjoerd
PS: Keep me posted on the solution plz.

I suspect that the light comes on if the lambda oxygen sensor sees that the mixture isn't correct, as it's a transient condition for a few secs, nothing to worry about.
ato snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

ok :)