Sensor on crankshaft ?

Please can someone help me out with a work around for my problem if it's possible. I have an intermittent fault on my crankshaft sensor which has been comfirmed by both the R.A.C. rescue and a Fiat
technician. When the injector light is showing and I switch off the engine then it will not allow me to restart the car. I have been using booster pack to turn the engine over and after maybe 7 or 8 turns it may then suddenly clear the fault and allow me to start. Any Ideas apart from paying the asking price of approx 600 - 800 to fix ??
what engine is that, 600 seems a lot of a crank sensor. are you sure they didnt say phase sensor? and as far as i know there are no work arounds for faulty sensors.