Long rambling nonsense, if you aren't into cars ignore and go kill yourself

Not having actually tried to purchase a 300C, I can't vouch for them being overpriced, etc... but I've seen a whole boatload of them lately. I guess "regular" is like the old obscenity test - I know it when I see it. :) Seriously, Vipers, Vettes, SS Camaros aren't regular cars. Pontiac G6's are regular cars. The 300's are regular cars. And considering that 50% of the 300's I've seen are 300C's I'm saying they're regular cars too. I guess by regular I mean "mass market" appeal and >50k sales in the US and no "special" pricing... the 300C may not be cheap, but it's not like they'll be asking $5k over sticker for one - they plan on pumping out a TON of these - they are the replacement for the LH sedans - and they sure the heck are regular cars. Regular cars are bought by "non car people" who were "just browsing" and liked the car - you don't buy a Vette that way. GTO buyers aren't looking for another car - they want a GTO.

Ray

Reply to
ray

I second that!

1976 Chevrolet Nova 128,500 miles on it,and just last weekend I drove it from Texas where I bought it, back to where I live...... 2 hr trip, at 70 mph..... not a whimper.

only tools I had was a cellphone, checkbook, and my road service coverage through State Farm.

Reply to
Markansas

Right on Charles - tellin' it like it is! They'll bury me in mine. ;-)

Reply to
Sting Ray

A Honda Civic or a Chevy Cavalier might have "more bang for the buck", but just not enough bang for me anyway. Why is it you think only your personal preferences are universaly valid?

Reply to
SgtSilicon

So do you think it's sacrilege that the new Vettes lost their hideaway headlights?

Reply to
FBR

Okay. If a 300C with Hemi is $33K+, then an SS Camaro is MORE bang for LESS bucks. Of course F-bodies are gone now but...

Reply to
SgtSilicon

My personal preferences are just that, my way of thinking. Of course there are other opinions and they are every bit as valid as mine. They differ by experiences of those who voice them. I personnally only know 2 guys that own Vettes and they both fit the criteria I laid out. Now if I could lay my hands a a 57 Vette...

Reply to
FBR

Pass on both,and find a 72-74 Cuda

Reply to
steve

How about this for my "regular car" argument?

In 5 years, how many 300C's are going to be for sale with "one owner, low miles, never winter driven?" You'll find Vettes, GTO's, F-Bodys like that. Regular cars get driven in the rain and snow. People don't worry about putting a trailer hitch on a regular car. It's not just HP, it's not just $, it's not just low production numbers. It's the "attitude" - a Subaru Impreza is a regular car. A Subaru Impreza WRX is not. 300C's are regular because they're "just another sedan" - (thankfully RWD) - no limited production.... the 300C SRT or whatever they're going to call it - that might be a collector car.

Ray

Reply to
ray

Actually, I like the open headlights. Ironically, when I bought my '63, I labored over whether to buy a 1st year Sting Ray or the last of the open headlight and actual trunk models ('62).

Reply to
Sting Ray

LOL

I bet he didn't like his generic Kibbles and Bits?

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 04:39:12 GMT, "FBR" puked:

I spent the weekend driving a third gen that I would get halfway where I was going before the vacuum popped the lights up.

lab~rat

What would i do.??? Buy a Chevy.!!!

Reply to
Camaro Cowboy

Yeah.... Vettes are cool.!!! I would settle for a Viper too. :-) Vroooooooom...

Reply to
Camaro Cowboy