Looking Goofy in the Parking Lot (headlights)...

Hi All, Got an '87 Trans Am and the headlights don't actuate (open/close). They're intermittent and have gotten to the point that they just stay open.
First, it was one then the other. Later, one would open/close and eventually they're both open; where they are now. I don't know much about the way they work and the manuals don't address 'em at all. I believe they're controlled by an electronic controller that's probably a dealer item, which explains the lack of info:( Can anybody give me some info or insight on the system so I can stop looking goofy in the parking lot? Really appreciate the advice, Jim
Check this out... might help?
http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/index.htm#3rdgen

Hey, sorry for not responding earlier. My news reader pooped the bed and I eventually had to start from scratch. Anyway, wanted to thank you for the link. It didn't help, exactly, but it did educate me a tiny bit and that was all I needed to motivate me to tear in to it. And, I think I found the problem; door control module. The article said the module was easily accessible (it was) but rarely ever goes bad (it apparently DID). The module's located on the driver's side firewall above the rest of the wiring with two, weatherproof connectors. It's 4"x4". All it does, from what I see, is apply voltage in one direction or the other to the motors. A) Turn ON headlights; power goes into module (form ON position) which powers the motors in forward direction to open. B) Turn OFF headlights; power goes into module (form OFF position) which powers the motors in reverse direction to close. Thanks a lot, Drink P.S. Happy New Year!