Does anyone take up two parking spaces at a parking lot ?

Just wondering if anyone with their Vette takes up two parking spaces in a parking lot * PROVIDING they park quite a distance from the place they are going into , and, if the parking lot is fairly empty ? (

*please note the qualification). The point of doing this is to avoid people dinging your car because theyve parked too close to you , and not show off or be flashy.

If you dont park double, and if you park single...do you try to park in a corner and if so, have you had people park too close to you and/or have you gotton vandalized with your Vette being so far out in the parking lot ?

Lastly, if you know youll be parking in a parking lot for some time...do you just take your tin car instead of the vette ?

What is your preference out of the above ?

Thanks.

Reply to
dave

I use the handicapped parking space to avoid door dings. My doctor signed the papers to get me a handicapped placard because "most people are handicapped because of morbid obesity and they need to walk farther."

(Let the flames begin!)

Reply to
Tikbalang

At work, I park in a parking garage, and I always take an end space and put it as far away from the next spot as I can. When parking in a shopping center lot, I park far away where there are no other cars. This still doesn't work though. I've parked a half-mile out with no other cars in sight and when I went back to the car, there were two cars right next to mine. Maybe they were checking to see if it was locked, maybe just looking it over, there was no damage to it. Still, aggravating...

Here at work, taking up two spots will get you a $20 parking ticket. At the mall, taking up two spots is asking to get keyed, even if you're parked out in the boondocks. JMO.

AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 speed (both tops)

Reply to
CardsFan

'I use the handicapped parking space to avoid door dings. My doctor signed the papers to get me a handicapped placard because "most people are handicapped because of morbid obesity and they need to walk farther." (Let the flames begin!)'

REPLY: Well, how much would i have to weigh in order to get a legal Handicapped Placard due to morbid obesity ? Might be worth eating Hostess Twinkies and Pecan Pie morning, noon, and night for the next 4 years ; but then i wouldnt be able to get in and out of the Vette !

Reply to
dave

Reply to
Tikbalang

Leave the Vette at home.

I knew a guy in high school many years ago, that would drive right up next to any car parked in more than one spot, and intentionally park close and smash his door into that car, he would then get out and leave his 5 tone Junker rust bucket Camaro right next to the offending car...

Why make your car any more of a target for bad attitudes and actions?

Reply to
My Names Nobody

Whenever I see a Vette or MB etc taking up two spots I try to squeeze my old pickup truck in next to them...if they are parked out in the boondocks I park as close to them as possible....

I guess it's a Redneck thing....when I have to park my Vette I use the regular spaces..it's only a car and a few dings are not worth worrying about....I have owned 30-40 cars/trucks..so what is the big deal ...my only regret is selling my 1967 Shelby GT-500...now that was the blunder of a life time.

Reply to
Redbull

you can take up motorcycling. I got a tag on everything. comes in handy too... bad leg from 41+ years of motorcycles :-)

Reply to
'Key

same thing happen a few times to a friend of mine. although, he was driving a cadillac...

Reply to
'Key

We lived in Texas, for a while, and I parked at the mall, and saw an elderly lady park her Cadillac, away from all other cars, and made her way slowly to the mall entrance. I was thinking that she probably could have parked in the disabled spaces, when a pickup truck came up to park, next to her car, and the driver deliberately smashed his door into the Cadillac. I went to say something but quickly realized that he probably had a gun in his glove compartment (this being Texas) and decided that discretion was the better part of valor. She was probably driving the Cadillac because it was her only car, and her husband was now dead, but she could not let go of the past, or the car. The Luddite "rednecks" did not care. It was an insult to their failure to make anything of their life, and so they had to attack anyone who had a better life. I hoped she had insurance, and she probably did.

My friend just bought a 2006 Corvette, with all the bells and whistles, and can even call me, from the car, using some gee-whiz system. I was interested in a Ferrari, but after looking at the specs, I am getting much more interested in a Corvette (who knew that they raced at Le Mans and are really serious cars?)

Anyway, I told him to be very careful where he parks it. The low-lifes are all around.

Reply to
Billzz

'You'd have to weigh 300 pounds. Didn't you see the episode of the Simpson's where Homer gained #300 to get on disability?'

REPLY: I dont think Doctors consider 300 lbs. 'morbid obesity' ; a man over 6'5" could weigh 300 and just look well-covered. No, i dont watch The Simpsons and the only Homer i know is from the Beverly Hillbillys.

Reply to
dave

'when a pickup truck came up to park, next to her car, and the driver deliberately smashed his door into the Cadillac. I went to say something but quickly realized that he probably had a gun in his glove compartment (this being Texas) and decided that discretion was the better part of valor. She was probably driving the Cadillac because it was her only car, and her husband was now dead, but she could not let go of the past, or the car. The Luddite "rednecks" did not care.'

REPLY: Im assuming the Truck then took off after doing the crime (?) . If so, i would have recorded their license plate number and left it on the ladies Cadillac telling her you were an eye witness . Or, i would have waited for her to come back out to her car and tell her personally. These sorts of crimes should not be let go so easily ; it screams out for justice.

Reply to
dave

Only when I'm pulling my trailer with my pulling tractor on it.

Reply to
Dad

Taking up 2 spaces is just asking for your car to get keyed or your ass kicked. Your vette is just a car. Don't be so anal.

Reply to
benf802961

There was a fat guy (400+) who owned my C4 before me. He broke the left side of the tilt wheel (pivot pin) by using the steering wheel to pull himself out of the car (he would then walk over to the passenger side of the car to remove the small oxygen tank and cart). He also ruined the driver seat due to his weight. In some cases there is more damage done to the car by the driver than the people who park next to it.

Reply to
aaa

Homer in the Beverly Hillbillies??? You must be thinking of Ellie May?

Reply to
Dad

well, if you were un-armed he would have been wrong if he pulled his gun. also. if ya really felt bad for the old-lady ? you could have told mall security..

my2¢

-- "Key"

Reply to
'Key

whats wrong with taking two spaces on the outside of the parking lot where there are no cars usually parked there to begin with. also, keying a car is a crime and should be prosecuted.

nah, if someone tried to kick my ass for the way I park. they would probably be in for a big suprize :-)

Reply to
'Key