Headlights and parking brake...05' Outback

Maybe I missed it in the owners manual but...

Why do the headlights turn off if the parking brake is set? Also, like others here have posted, I like the Daytime running lights. I just wish there was a better indicator to remind me to turn the lights completely on. It's no problem when I first get in and it's dark as one looks for the dash illlumination.

But that parking brake to headlight connection...that's odd.

-- Bill

Reply to
Bill

mulder

Umm, the car isn't going anywhere so why leave the lights on?

Reply to
Ragnar

Well, I guess my point was... they intentionaly had to engineer this "feature". Surly, there must be more to it than that. But, I'll leave it at that. It is - so it does.

-- Bill

Reply to
Bill

The headlights won't go off with application of the parking brake.

The daytime running lights, however, will extinguish. ;-)

Reply to
CompUser