Price Advice

Page 2 of 2

that
Look, no one was hassling any one. I just happened to ask what this "Rock5" was about. Some one gat an attitude with me, like I was a newbie. Someone else took a look and didn't like that.
Somethings never change, and one of them is how quick people get offended in her. Another is how often people get flaimed for asking a question. Ya'll need to remember none of us own a newsgroup. It's public domain, If you want to have conversations with out people commenting on them.. Use a IM program, IRC, or even E-mail. Elsewise people will feel free to join in. Charles Where's Googelplex when you need him?
Charles Bendig spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed

Sorry. I missed that message.
Remember the troll Sgt Rock? Well, there were originally 5 of us that went after him as a team. Floppy, SBM, Dennis Scott, Em and myself. After some of the personal threats, and going into RL, we ended up getting him fired from his police job. (I'm not proud of it but it needed to be done). Last I heard, he's a security guard at a Wal Mart.
And rumor is Googs is dead. I've been trying to find him for 3 years now. he hasn't been in alt.books.bukowski for that long. (/me removes hat)
Also, my previous was an attempt to calm the group down and get back on topic.
NOI

newbie.
went
Yea I kinda remember. Didn't Sgt.Rock threaten BottleBob? And dare BB to go meet him, then pull a no show? (going off beer laiden memories).
This is probably before your time, but Iwas one of the people who helped Googs slam asoil boy steve.

I used to have his work phone number, but that was around 1996 or so. I know Idon't have it any longer. I do know his name, and the type business he owned. Send me an e mail and Ill pass you the info. (If he is alive and I openly posted it, he would kill me).

I figured as much, so I thought I would expline why people were upset. Charles

newbie.
went
Hey you, I got an e-mail from " him " . It was really good to hear from him and so neat that you keep in touch. Thanks a lot. It is nice to have made some friends here.
You didn't see the original shit that your buddy Martin started:
Then has the audacity to say he didn't.
Then she attacks Charles.
I say she attacked Charles, I backed him up, I never started shit in here. But thank you for your level headed request for my desist of any further annoyance of Z Girl.
Sincerely,
Refinish King

that

wow thats some harsh words. i guess im going to learn a bit about the inner workings around here All aboard the Yankee express, next stop October.....
GLK9MM spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Sorry about that. I've been busy and haven't been around here much recently...or I would have seen the messages and backed you up.
NOI
Thund3rstruck_n0i wrote:

Bah, my own fault for not staying in lurk mode.
Z Girl, here's the skinny on the GM Certified Program:
Certified used Chevrolet vehicles are covered under the GM Certified program. GM Certified used vehicles must be less than five years old, and have less than 60,000 miles. GM Certified used vehicles include:
* 108-point inspection, and restored to factory standards through reconditioning process * Three-day or 150-mile return/exchange program
If a GM vehicle is still in the three-year/36,000-mile warranty period, the warranty is extended to 39 months or 39,000 miles; if it's out of its warranty, the warranty period is three months or 3,000 miles bumper to bumper and no deductible.
And, here's a couple on certifying your car. (Most certified vehicles will come with a 3mo/3K mi. warranty.)
http://www.straight-away.com/Certification.asp
But you can go to any GM dealer and talk to them about having your vehicle GM certified. Compare costs or if they'll even do it without forcing you to sell the car to them. (You know dealerships, always out to make a buck and screw you. Used car sales have the highest profit margin.)

Thanks for the info! I think I will try and sell it without the certification first. I am wondering if they can re-certify a car they arent selling and I definately wont sell to a dealer. I have an 04 Explorer and only owe 1,800. on the Z. I am looking forward to the cash!

Z GIRL wrote:

Yeah, I was going to suggest that the cost to certify the vehicle would be about the same as the difference in cost between a certified vehicle and the price you are looking for. (pretty much cancelling out any profit.) "Certified Used" is just another tool thought up by some Used Car Dealer to make some extra bucks on a low mileage car. <shrug> (It doesn't cost the dealer jack to "certify" the car.