99 explorer power windows and overdrive switch not working

First, I am a new member of this forum but have been reading it for some time for help repairing my 99 expl. and so far have found answers to my explorer's many glitches. But now I've run into something I can't settle from reading. I am almost certain that this is connected. First, my rear window wiper stopped working after a time of intermittent operation. Then all power windows stopped working. Before they completely stopped they worked intermittently. Later I noticed the Overdrive switch located on the gear selector doesn't work. I haven't tried the 4wd so I can't say whether it works or not. I suspect a relay or some module. Any help is greatly appreciated or it's off to the dealership which makes my wallet nervous - and lighter.

Tim Greensboro NC

Reply to
TimNC

Check your owner's guide. Look up the fuses. Is there a fuse in common with the circuits that are not working?

If it's not that, I can't help. More and more of these things are being taken care of by computers. My dodge minivan has a "body computer" that handles lights, locks, the instrument panel, etc.

-Paul

Reply to
carbide

Reply to
TimNC

Today I moved around all the relays in the fuse/relay box under the hood without any luck. I've been researching online a bit more and a control module called a GEM keeps surfacing. Does this module control the windows, o/d switch, rear wiper?

Tim

TimNC wrote:

Reply to
TimNC