Re: 1996 Ford Explorer Power Windows Not Working

Hi:

This is an update to my first post. There is power at the fusebox under the hood, the fuse is good, the mirrors work, the door locks work, and the windows are up and will not work (the window lock is off, by the way-lol!). There doesn't seem to be power at the switches for the window, but I don't have my Phd in electronics either, but I tried putting the windows down and up and trying the meter on each side of each switch, and I don't think that there's power there.......Are we any further ahead now?

Thanks a bunch!

DB

Reply to
KISS5446

I'm sorry but I can't find a gentle way to say that "there doesn't seem to be any power" doesn't seem to be much of an answer.... This sort of basic electrical repair deals in absolutes... If there definitely is power at the switch, the diagnostic process goes one way... if there definitely no power at the switch, the diagnostic process goes in a whole different direction. There is a logical, easy to follow evolution to testing electrical circuits - if we aren't going to follow the process in a logical manner, we are just wasting time... and I do not have the time to waste...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Is your medication not working for ya Jim? Jesus, take a pill !!!! I'm not a mechanic, I trade stocks for a living. Maybe I can show "you" how to make some "REAL" money!!!! My Dad has cancer, and I'm just trying to help him out ! Sorry I'm wasting your time, but my Dad doesn't "HAVE" much time...................I'll ask a good mechanic. You know, the ones who "LIKE" to help people ?!?!?! It's a shame that you don't have any tolerance for people aren't in "YOUR" field. I hope you have a better day tomorrow!

All the best,

KISS5446

Reply to
KISS5446

If he doesn't have that much time, stop f*cking around with it and bring it to a shop that does have a test light and know what they are doing

Reply to
JohanB

There must be something wrong with human nature. Threads invariably deteriorate to personal attacks after a certain length. Usually they remain civil longer than this one, though.

OP, you need to find out which wire is suppose to be hot, and then you need to determine if it's hot. A test light may be better than a meter for this purpose.

Jim was correct in that the word "seem" shouldn't be in your determination. Is it hot or not? And Jim did use a precautionary introduction to give himself license to criticize. In other words, he had a right to scold you for being ambiguous. Moreover, looking at the previous posts, he *was* trying to help you. And I think he'll continue to do so if you show that you're man enough to apologize.

The rest of your post - about cancer, pills, and stocks - is childish and irrelevant. Let's say I have all three; are you going to treat me any differently in a NG? No. And I wouldn't want you to.

-- (||) Nehmo (||)

Reply to
Nehmo

SEE YA IN JAMAICA........"BOYS" LOL!!!!!

Reply to
KISS5446

So, _that's_ where the Kirby vacuum cleaner salesman's convention is this year.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

So... Dad is dying from cancer, his car don't work and you're going to piss off to Jamaica....

Why do I not find this "surprising".... Ain't you gonna look funny when he leaves all his estate to the neighbours cocker spaniel....

Only reason you're in stocks is because you couldn't pass the bar???

Reply to
Jim Warman