An A4LD Question

Hi Guy, I'm the proud owner of a 1994 Explorer LT V6 4.0L. Last week I blew up my transmission and we swap it with an A4LD from a 1990 Bronco II with a 2.9L on it. This was my father old Bronco and from what we were told the transmission were the same except for the bracket on them. Anyhow, after the swap it seems to me that the shifting of it is quite different on the two first gear, maybe at a little higher RPM. My question is: Does it need another modulator or is there anything else to be recalibrate to make it work or it is a swap from one to another is OK? The only thing we swapped from the two transmissions were the bracket for the shifting rod, those 2 were different. Do I need another modulator calibrated for a 4.0L engine? Any help on this issue would be greatly apreciated. I don't want to messed this new/old tranny we've put hours to install for nothing. Thanks

Marc

Reply to
The Punisher