Explorer Rear Disc Pads

1998 Explorer with rear disk brakes. I didn't realize that the rear brake pads are not identical. One end of each pad has a notch, otherwise they appear identical. Does the notch ride on the upper or lower rail? Or does it even matter? No reference in the factory manual and pads are not identified with either a "R" or a "L".
Reply to
FrankB

Offhand I don't remember about the rears, but I definately know the fronts are the same. I think those notches are generic, so the pad will work no matter which side you use them on.

Reply to
Mikepier