Jim Warman's advise on ceramic disc pads.

Jim, what is your take on ceramic disc pads for my '97 EB, with slightly over 50k on the odometer ?

Reply to
Stephen M. Gluck

Ceramic pads are generally less noise prone than other substrates and produce less dust (the dust they do produce is quite a bit lighter than other materials making what dust there is harder to see).

The few product info sheets I have seen seem to recommend NOT using ceramic pads if you tow. Not sure if that's an issue with heat loading characteristics or wear problems in high loading.

I am not sure if they require any special rotor finish... I would think that the usual non-directional finish should be more than adequate.

My personal choice is good quality semi-metallic pads..... decent service life, quiet if broken in according to the manufacturers requirements and good performance in panic stops or towing applications.

HTH.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Reply to