replacement shock advice...

looking for advice for replacement shocks for a 96 xlt 4wd with 195k on original shocks. I sometimes load up the back for camping and hitch on

3 bikes and a 15 cu foot roof mount storage bag. Only do this 4 times a year. I am looking for advice for a reasonably priced shock that rides good and still handle the weight when I camp. Thanks for any advice.
Reply to
jay

jay wrote in news:washcomdguy- snipped-for-privacy@netnews.worldnet.att.net:

I'm using KYB Monomax now, which replaced my worn-out Gas-A-Just. I think I prefer the Gas-A-Just over the Monomox. They seemed more responsive and less harsh. My rear leaves are also worn out, so I need to get those replaced, too.

Zammer

Reply to
Zam Karmen
195k on original shocks? You must have one hell of a bouncy ride! :)

I haven't had the opportunity to pick some up yet for my 2000 XLT, but I hear the Monroe Reflex are great.

Should give you a nice ride, and be able to handle the loads you describe.

r/

-IanCT

Reply to
IanCT